New in 2022
The Senior Refund Form is available online as a digital form. Complete and submit online:
Supported device operating systems:
- Apple iPhone/iPad - iOS 13 or later (64bit)
- Android devices - Android 6.0 Marshmallow or later
- It is recommended you use a device that has camera functionality.
The form is also available as a downloadable paper form (the paper form will be phased out in future years):
- A notice of the form availability will be mailed to all eligible residents who received a refund last year.
- A special event to offer help to seniors completing the digital form is planned for Thursday, April 7 from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Bemis Library.
- After April 7, assistance will be available during regular business hours at Bemis Library and at the Finance counter at the Littleton Center.
- The last date to submit the application form is October 31, 2022.
- To request assistance with the online application or for other questions, call 303-795-3764.
Since 1977, the Littleton City Council has annually renewed its Senior Refund Program, providing the city’s senior residents with a partial property tax refund.
The program is available to both renters and property owners. For property owners, the refund is based on the property’s assessed valuation. Refund amounts range from $10 to $100. Refunds for renters range from $10 to $30.
Property owners whose property is in a trust or other legal entity for estate planning purposes may be eligible for a property tax refund based on the property’s assessed valuation.
To be eligible for a refund in 2022, applicants must be 65 years of age or older on or before December 31, 2021 and reside within the Littleton city limits for the entire year of 2021. Visit the Address Wizard to check if an address is in the city limits.
For more information, to obtain a form or to check to see if you qualify, call the Finance Department at 303-795-3764.