6028 S. Gallup Street
Littleton, CO 80120
• Tuesday - Saturday: 9 am - 5 pm
• Sunday: 11 am - 5 pm
Last entry at 4:30 pm
• Closed Mon and holidays
• Free general admission
• Food and beverages are not allowed in the museum or on the farm sites
The Littleton Museum offers visitors a unique link between Littleton's past and present. Located on 40 acres adjacent to Ketring Lake, it encompasses three exhibition galleries, a children's interactive gallery, research center, lecture hall, and two 19th-century living history farm sites.
The 1860s homestead farm and the 1890s turn-of-the-century urban farm represent how people lived and worked during the early years in Littleton and the South Platte Valley. Museum staff and volunteers dressed in period-appropriate costumes, work on the farm sites, run the working blacksmith shop, and teach in Littleton's first one-room school house, offering a "living history' perspective to the museum visitor.
The permanent gallery exhibits a comprehensive historical look at Littleton from pre-history to the present through graphics, photography, and artifacts from the museum's collections. The Fine Arts gallery hosts original art and photography, including exhibits sponsored by the Littleton Fine Arts Board. The changing gallery displays temporary and traveling exhibits from the Smithsonian Institution, other museums, and the Littleton Museum's collections.
For the museum's younger visitors, the Kids' Connection provides interactive hands-on exhibits and activities.
The research center containing the museum's non-circulating collection of books, manuscripts, maps, and photographs focused on Littleton and the surrounding area is open to the public by appointment. Staff and volunteers are available to assist with research.
The Littleton Museum is accredited by the American Alliance of Museums and was the first museum in Colorado to be recognized as an Affiliate of the Smithsonian Institution.
From a child's delight at seeing the animals on the farm sites, to scholarly exploration in the research center, to attending one of the many events on the museum grounds, there is something for everyone to experience and enjoy at the Littleton Museum.
Events & Programs
- Summer Concerts Series - Most Wednesday evenings from June 15 through August 3 (6:30 - 8 p.m.)
- James Webb Space Telescope First Images Reveal - Tuesday, July 12, 2022 (8 - 10 am)
- pARTy: Storytelling - Wednesday, August 24, 2022 (5:30 - 7:30 p.m.) - $15 per person
- History Adventure day camps - Some Tuesdays from June 14 through August 9 - All Spots Filled
- The Secret Life of Clothes exhibit is open until Sunday, November 27, 2022
- škhé: it is said - Exhibit Dates: Friday, July 15 – Sunday, October 9, 2022